Thursday, June 2, 2011

DIY Ottomans

This update is long {long} overdue. I just hadn't taken any pictures yet. Way back {in November} I posted a quick peek at the progress I had made on my ottomans but never posted about the finished product!


I started with these ottomans {from K-Mart!}

And then I stayed up all night removing the horrible fabric, tufting buttons and staples...
the second one went a lot faster but my hands were bruised for days!


I used the same foam cushion but covered it with new cotton batting and this fabric from premier prints





Next time I think I will use a pattern that is more forgiving if the fabric doesn't go on perfectly straight.


I'm still playing around with different trays to use on top for a flat surface

So, {considering this is the very first re-upholstery job I've ever done...} What do you think?!

2 comments:

  1. I think it's really cute! Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I love the fabric you chose. I really want to try re-upholstering something but I'm just scared. Looks like you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails