Here of some of my favorite droolworthy laundry rooms:
Okay, now you've seen the beauty so it's time for me to complain for a minute. The one thing I cannot STAND about all of these laundry rooms (unfortunately) is they all have front-load washers. It's totally the fault of my father's brainwashing but I am not a fan of the front-load washers. I always get the water going and add detergent BEFORE the clothes go in so I'm not sure that's a habit I can kick. I also have a habit of needing to add another shirt or a random sock I left behind once the washer has started going. How are you supposed to open a door filled with water?? My Dad also taught me that front-load washers are bacteria breeders. It's TRUE, and it causes a moldy SMELL if you're not careful. Thif youere is a product you can buy called "smelly washer" that will get rid of the smell but I couldn't tell you if it helps the actual mold/bacteria problem or not. Have any of you tried it? Does anyone out there agree with me??
And if you don't have a huge room or a lot of money to spend, here are a few great tips:
- Paint the walls (or use wallpaper or a stencil for added interest)
- Hang a picture, a small piece of artwork or a sign
- Replace wire metal shelving with inexpensive cabinets from a hardware store, or use solid wood shelves and storage bins that match
- Replace your light fixture with something more decorative
- Buy a pretty ironing board cover and display it instead of hiding it away (try Etsy)
This room is less extravagant but equally as beautiful!
So...did I strike a nerve with anyone? Do you agree? Have you recently done a laundry room makeover in your own home? Please share!