Friday, March 18, 2011

J's Shower: Part I

So I've been talking for a while about J's bridal shower and gave you a little teaser here. There's just too much to share in one post so today I will rave about all the food related items. My lovely co-hostess, Lauren and I split the duties between us. I took decor and she took the food. And boy-oh-boy did she do a fabulous job. I'm definitely going to steal a few of those recipes!

{The complete food table}


Lauren worked super hard on all the yummy food with the help of her sister, Jenna who so graciously let us use her house for the party. {Did I already mention that neither Lauren nor myself live anywhere near Atlanta?!}. The menu consisted of Caprese skewers {love these and I love to make them even though I can't eat them}, Pimiento cheese sandwhiches, Turkey canapes with cucumber {stealing that one!}, Pizza cups {stealing that one too!}, Mexican roll ups {what a great idea!}, Deviled Eggs, Fruit Platter, Krispy Kreme bites {genius!}, and CUPCAKES!! You can clearly see "Pigs in a Blanket" written on the menu below but alas, there wasn't enough time to make them and there was nothing I could do about the menu at that point. Oh well. Everything was awesome!
I just printed the menu in green ink and framed it. Super easy and added a nice touch. Plus, if anyone wasn't sure what something was, they could easily deduce from the list! I did the same for the drink station too.

I heart my green kate spade plates and they went so perfectly with the shower decor!
...but I do have to admit that it kills me that the stripes aren't all going in the same direction. oops.

Those are the turkey bites in the middle and they were the bomb. Yes, I just said "the bomb".

My ladies made similar utensil packets for my bridal shower.
Fork, knife, spoon + luncheon napkin + cocktail napkin + ribbon = practical, portable, easy and PRETTY!

I used four different "Keep Calm" posters throughout the space. It went with the decor and they kind of tied the different spaces together. Genius. {If I do say so myself}

I'm just now realizing that I didn't get to taste a cupcake! Shame on me.


Okay this picture is so obviously not from the shower, it's from the Pottery Barn website, but I have a whole bunch of these Great White Mingling Plates and we used them at J's shower. They are the absolute perfect thing for finger foods and wine glasses when not everyone is sitting down or, people are sitting but have nowhere to set their drink down. I have some wooden ones too but these are simply my favorite for one reason: DISHWASHER SAFE. I think I might acutally buy more of them! Oh yea, and they fit the champagne flutes as well as the wine glasses {bonus!}

This pic of the drink station is a good example of why I wish I had taken a minute to take pictures before everyone showed up. Regardless, there was plenty of tasty drinks to compliment the delicousness of the food. Lauren and I kinda split up the drink duties. There was Champagne {extra dry which is ever-so-slightly less brutal than brut}, Asti Spumante {my absolute fav, and sweet champagne without the tart}, tropical punch {think pineapple and orange, not fruit punch} and Orange Juice to mix with the bubbly, and water with lemon slices {more for looks than taste}. We also had some of the mini cans of Coke and Diet Coke {we were in Atlanta, afterall} and you gotta love the green and white striped paper straws to go along with it all. I brought in big wine glasses and champagne flutes so that there would be enough matching glasses. I"m not a perfectionist or anything.

These decanters are the best things ever. KH and I each bought one right before my bridal shower and we used them both for J's shower. I have to tell you it's very convenient to have matching ones because they get used ALL the time! I also have matching 1 gallon versions but with us, go big or go home.

{I took this advice literally that day}

{Have I mentioned how much I love me so Asti? Seriously, if you haven't tried it you are missing out. It's champagne for people who don't like champagne.}

I'm seriously hungry after writing this post. Stay tuned for details on the rest of the decor as well as favors and prizes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails