Friday, March 11, 2011

Stylish? Me? Why Thank You!!

Seven Random Facts you probably Don't Know About Me
1. I went to school to become a teacher. Obviously, I'm not currently teaching but I think about it all the time....Maybe someday...Maybe if we move further away from DC!
2. I've only ever owned an SUV. I'm dying to drive a sedan but I'm not sure it will ever happen. Maybe after the road trip we just took (2100+ miles in 6 days) the hubs will want to drive the SUV in the family but he loves his sporty zippy car!
3. My wedding bands are a size 4.75...and they are too big! I have very skinny fingers!
4. I HATE cold weather. I'd rather be hot than cold any day. If I want to feel the cold, I'll take a trip to go skiing. Someone please remind me why I live where I do!?
5. I am of the opinion that it is better to own fewer quality things than an abundance of cheap things. {This doesn't mean I believe in paying astronomical prices, or even paying retail if it is avoidable}. Here's what I mean: Invest in a few quality, tailored, classic staples for your wardrobe. A classic black pencil skirt, well-fitting dark wash jeans, a tan classic trench coat, a little black dress, etc. Then fill in the blanks {the trendy pieces} with lower cost inexpensive items. This rule also applies to home decor. Buy well-made heirloom pieces that won't ever ever go out of style, and spend money on the furniture that gets used and abused on a daily basis. If you really love a trendy pattern and can't afford to replace wallpaper, area rug or curtains with it, get an inexpensive throw blanket or a couple of pillows. If you are like me and change your mind often, stick to solid neutrals for your larger expensive pieces and you won't need to replace them as often in order to change the whole look of the room. {I should really do a post or two on this concept!}
6. When I am stressed out, there are a handful of things that calm me down. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for having a good glass of wine with a girlfriend or getting a huge bear-hug from my husband but there are times when it seems nothing will break my bad mood. At these times I either go shopping {tres expensive habit} or I go for a drive. I love to drive, especially by myself, especially at night when the weather is nice and I can put the windows down and listen to my calming music. {I have play lists for "sad, slow and depressing", "so angry I could spit fire", "I feel like singing along" and also "just random good music"}
7. I am very proud to say that I have never ever not once in my life done any drugs of any kind. Not even "just once", not even just to try or experiment. I think it will be a great Ace-Up-My-Sleeve when our kids are old enough and Heaven Forbid end up with a mentality of "well, everyone tries it at least once!" I can proudly tell them: not everyone!

{Random Fact #8: This post took me 6 weeks to write, purely because I couldn't come up with 7 random facts. I was looking for things that are personal but might be interesting to others without being a list of pet peeves. I could have done that in 5 minutes! Also, I don't like to talk about myself!}

So...why am I writing random facts about myself?...

I was looking for motivation to get me back up and running in 2011, and thanks to Casey of Loft and Cottage I found it! She so graciously presented me with the Stylish Blogger Award!! Thanks, Casey - I'm flattered! The rules are simple: Share 7 random things about yourself and then present the award to 7 stylish bloggers from recently discovered blogs. {Confession: I've seen this award passed around in blogland and it's always been 7 and 7, so I'm going by that number instead of 15 like I've seen most recently.}



And the winners are:


As part of accepting the award, they'll...
+ Thank and link back to the person that awarded them {me}
+ Share seven things about themselves.
+ Pay it forward to 7 recently discovered bloggers.
+ Contact those bloggers about the award!

There are so many fun and fabulous stylish bloggers that I already follow so I tried to stick to RECENTLY DISCOVERED ones. Make sure you check out these *new* blogs, and also check out Loft and Cottage. Congratulations, bloggers...I'm sure my opinion means the world to you {lol}. And I'm sure most or all of you have probably already received this award! Can't wait to see what's next!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails