Friday, November 5, 2010

Lovely Lucite

If I had to describe my personal style I would say it is: Mostly classic. Traditional with a touch of contemporary. A little galmour. Sophisticated. Trendy but also timeless. Clean Lines. Coordinated but not matchy-matchy. Somewhat unexpected. Whatever terms I use to describe my style, I wouldn't ever call it "modern". BUT, I do like to throw in a modern piece of furniture or accent here and there. One thing that does the trick is LUCITE and it has hit the design world full force.

Who doesn't love a Ghost chair (or two)??

(both images via Decorpad)

I was introduced to Ghost chairs years ago in the wedding business. Everyone either has ghost chairs or chivari chairs at their events these days, but what I'd really love to do at an event is the Lucite Chivari chairs - the best of both worlds! Can you imagine how good these chairs would look in a color-washed room?
When it comes to home decorating, here are just a few of my favorite uses of this lovely lucite:
 Lucite and Brass Coffee table (via Elle Decor)
This lucite coffee table is an unexpected addition to this otherwise contemporary traditional sitting room.
  (photo via Decorpad)

 This version, the peekaboo coffee table, is available at CB2 for a reasonable $249


I love Lonny and I love this trunk used here as a coffee table.
I always love to have coffee table books on display but they take up so much space!
What a great (but expensive) solution - (nearly $3000!)
Luckily, Plexi-Craft has a very close alternative for $377.
 
This desk is gorgeous:

(via Decorpad)

And I have to say these barstools are pure genius.
They are a feature in the room but don't take away from the beauty of the kitchen.
(via Decorpad)
PS - I definitely want these Capiz drum shades (from Oly Studio) too!

So, now you know what I think of Lucite...any thoughts from the peanut gallery?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails