Friday, April 29, 2011

Royal Union

Who else got up at 4:00AM to watch the Processionals for the royal nuptials? Okay, so when the alarm went off at 4:00, I hit snooze for 10 minutes and THEN got up. The wedding planner in me was excited, the little girl in me who still believes in fairy tales was excited, and the part of me that realizes what a momentous occasion this is was excited - the Royal Wedding of William {Arthur Philip Louis} to Catherine {Elizabeth}will be one of those events where people ask in 10, 15, 20 plus years from now "Do you remember the wedding?" and "Where were you for the wedding?" etc.


Some observations from the wedding:
1. She did her own makeup and still looked beautiful {as always}
2. Loved the bright colors everyone was wearing, esp Queen Elizabeth in yellow
3. There was lots of excellent HAT inspiration for things like Gold Cup next weekend.

{Princess Beatrice}
4. Alexander McQueen lives on...Beautiful dress!
Side note: For those of you who didn't know already, Kate is short for Catherine, but with a "C", not a "K". I am also a Catherine with a "C" but Kat with a "K". Even cooler still is that the new Princess and I also share the same middle name: Elizabeth. Kate Middleton is Catherine Elizabeth who spells her nickname with a "K", just like ME!

{I <3 my calligrapher, Jenny}



And so, I will now use the Royal Union as inspiration for a few fun Union Jack finds:
{Clockwise from top left: Abbey Carpets UK, Dan Marty chair at Ben Sherman,
Alexander McQueen booties, Keep Calm Poster via Style at Home, Bespoke Pillow, Andrea Sholl Interiors ottoman}

And two beautiful rooms using various Union Jack pieces:
{via Well Appointed House and House and Home}






Finally: a special congrats to a dear friend who is also getting married today.
Congratulations, Heather and Tony!!


{Now I'm off to Starbucks to help me wake up. 4:00AM is EARLY for me!!}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails